If you or your business has ever had anything posted about it on a website like RipoffReport.com, Thedirty.com, cheaterville.com, Scam.com, or other complaint boards, it is embarrassing and frustrating to say the least.
The worst part about it is that even if the information in a post is blatantly FALSE and DEFAMATORY or concerns PRIVATE LIFE, section 230 of the Communication Decency Act ("CDA") provides website owners a complete legal defense for the content posted by third parties and no obligation to take it down.
Ripoffreport, for example, has a policy that it will never take down content that is posted on its site under any circumstances. In the vast majority of circumstances, lawsuits against the company are useless.
Luckily, I'd like to reveal a proven way that you can remove unwanted content from the internet so that it will NEVER SHOW UP IN SEARCH ENGINE RESULTS. The method for doing this is completely different than SEO techniques that only bury the content or paying off websites through "corporate advocacy programs" (that are really just "extortion").
So what's the secret?
File a lawsuit and get an order from a court for an injunction for the delisting of the content from search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Here are the steps:
1. Consult with an attorney and file a lawsuit against the original author for whatever claims you have against them in connection with the posting of the report (defamation, disparagement, invasion of privacy, conspiracy, tortious interference). Make sure your claims are legitimate. For example, truth is an absolute defense to defamation lawsuits.
2. Win your case or obtain an agreement with the person you sue for a stipulated settlement.
3. Obtain a court order for the de-listing of the offending post from search engines.
4. Present the court order to the search engines.
5. Wait for the search engines to respond. Once they do the content will not show up in search engine results again!
Search engines provide this service at no cost. So the only costs are from litigation and court expenses. I just performed this service for a client and can definitely say that it works. Amazingly, the search engines responded and removed five different internet postings within 24 hours of the request and submission of the court order.
If you are a victim of a damaging internet post about you or your business the law firm of Dinn Hochman & Potter, LLC is here to protect your reputation and get the content removed. For more information, please feel free to contact Aaron Minc at (440) 446-1100 or visit www.defamationremovallaw.com.